If you are in the beginning stages of determining what office furniture you plan on getting, there are a number of questions you should be asking yourself. The following list contains some of the questions that you should ask of your new office furniture.
Questions to Ask While Researching Office Furniture Choices
- What is my budget?
- Are warranties available with the furniture?
- How many employees will inhabit the space?
- Do I want a teaming, private, semi-collaborative or other work environment?
- Do I want used office furniture, refurbished office furniture or new office furniture?
- How big should my cubicles be?
- How much storage do employees need?
- What colors do I want?
- How do I want the cubicles organized? Clusters? Bullpens? Singles?
- Do I want ergonomic features?
- What type of cubicle tiles do I want? All fabric? Some glass? Sound proofing?
- What data capabilities must my cubicles have?
Questions to Ask While Designing and Prepping the Space
- What are the exact measurements of my space?
- Are there any structural barriers in the space? If so, where?
- Where will the installers enter the building from?
- Do installers have access to an elevator?
- Will installation occur during business hours?
- How long will the installation take?
- What is the process for developing a punch list?
- How will my punch list items be addressed?
- How are damaged items handled?